Friday, October 2, 2009

Treasure Find in the U.K., What a Dream Come True!

A pulse induction metal detector with an array...Image via Wikipedia

Unless you've been hiding under a rock the last week or so, I know you've heard the story of the unemployed man in the U.K. who went out in his friend's field with a metal detector and found one of the most important finds in history.

While not the highest in monetary payout, it is the most important because it will re-write the history books due to the nature of the find. The find is a battle hoarde of swords, helmet pieces and pommel tops that are very confusing to historians. The owners of these prized battle possesions were not believed to be in this part of the U.K. until much later in History.

Here is the story from a U.K. based News channel: Click Here

After hearing this story, I'll bet a lot of us went to bed that night and dreamed...

Did you get up the next morning and order your metal detector like I did?
Hmmm...you never know what's in these hills...!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting to my Blog! I appreciate your comments. They help me to know what's on my readers minds and their interests.
Please make any suggestions on how I can improve this blog to serve your needs!

Tschau!

Mary